Skat Consulting Ltd. is looking for an experienced water resources management expert and project manager for the function of a team leader of an Integrated Water Resources Management Project in Kosovo (IWRMK). The project is currently under public tender.
Skat Consulting Ltd. is a Swiss consulting company with 40 years of track record of successful, high-impact projects and partnerships, adding value to companies, organizations, and government agencies at home and abroad. We are well-known as independent resource centre and consultancy working in the fields of development and humanitarian aid. We have strong experience in implementing Swiss funded projects; since more than 10 years we are supporting SDC funded projects in the water sector in Kosovo. We are leading a strong consortium and are in an excellent position to bid for the IWRMK project.
Project summary: The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation SDC is planning to support Kosovo with the establishment of an integrated water resources management approach guided by the EU Water Framework and other relevant directives in order to address the increasing pressures on the country’s water resources. The program has a perspective of a duration of 12 years and an overall volume of ca. 20 million CHF. Subject of the present tender is an Inception Phase of 1 year (01.04.2019 to 31.03.2020) and the implementation of Phase 1 (01.04.2020 to 31.03.2024).
Duty station and contract duration:
- Based in Pristina, Kosovo
- Team lead, full time, for Phase 1 of the project: 01.04.2020 to 31.03.2024
- Optionally: inputs to the project preparation in the inception phase, full time or intermittent: 01.04.2019 to 31.03.2020
Tasks of the team leader:
- Overall responsibility for operations of the project in Kosovo, in close coordination with the project director at Skat headquarter and with and thematic backstoppers at Skat and consortium partners
- Lead of the project facilitation team of experts and support staff in Kosovo
- Responsible of relations with project partners in Kosovo and the Swiss Cooperation Office
- Lead of administration, finances and human resources management for the office and team in Kosovo
- Lead of monitoring, reporting, steering of the project
- Lead in conceptual matters and project implementation
- Experience in team leader positions and management of projects with important budgets (> 5 years)
- Experience in integrated water resources management, in particular with EU WFD (> 10 years)
- Professional experience in transitions countries, preferably Western Balkans or Kosovo.
- Excellent English language skills. Albanian and/or Serbian language skills would be an asset.
We offer attractive remuneration and working conditions as part of Skat’s dedicated and dynamic team.
Application: Please send your application, including a CV highlighting the experience relevant for the assignment, by email to Violeta.Zivanovic@skat.ch as soon as possible, latest on 25.11.2018. Questions can be addressed to Florian.Klingel@skat.ch.