There are currently no jobs available
Skat Consulting Ltd. is looking for an experienced local governance expert and project manager for the function of a team leader of a local governance project in Moldova. The project is currently under public tender.
Skat Consulting Ltd. is a Swiss consulting company with 40 years of track record of successful, high-impact projects and partnerships, adding value to companies, organizations, and government agencies at home and abroad. We are well-known as independent resource centre and consultancy working in the fields of development and humanitarian aid. We have strong experience in implementing Swiss funded projects; since more than 10 years we are supporting local public administrations in Moldova and neighbouring countries. We are therefore in an excellent position to bid for the project.
Project summary: The Swiss Cooperation Office in Moldova is to realize a program on strengthening democratic processes and the effective enjoyment of quality public services at the local level. The programme’s overall long-term vision is that– bolstered by a coherent policy framework – women and men, especially members of excluded groups, will be empowered to voice their needs and demand quality public services. Local Public Administrations will be enabled to react to these demands; their technical and managerial capacities will be enhanced to provide quality services for all. Better access to public finance will enhance sustainability of their efforts. Altogether, this will lead to better quality services provided at the local level and an increased satisfaction of the population. As a result, the program is expected to contribute to gradually building trust between citizens and their elected representatives/LPAs. In the long-term, this should contribute to generating increased social cohesion from below.
Duty station and contract duration
- Based in Chisinau, Moldova
- Team lead during phase 1 of the project: 01.11.2019 – 31.10.23; intermittent inputs to the project preparation: 01.02.2019-31.10.2019 (optionally)
Tasks of the team leader:
- Overall responsibility for operations of the project in Moldova, in close coordination with the project director and thematic backstoppers at Skat headquarter
- Lead of the project facilitation team of Moldovan experts and support staff
- Responsible of relations with project partners in Moldova and the Swiss Cooperation Office
- Lead of administration, finances and human resources management
- Lead of monitoring, reporting, steering
- Lead in conceptual matters and project implementation
- Confirmed experience in managing local governance programs (particularly social inclusion, social cohesion, accountability systems, public finance management)
- Confirmed experience in programme management and in the management of a team of 5-10 staff and an important volume of consultancies
- International professional experience, including in CIS countries and, preferentially, in Moldova
- Knowledge of English and Romanian or Russian
We offer attractive remuneration and working conditions as part of Skat’s dedicated and dynamic team.
Application: Please send your full application by email to Violeta.Zivanovic@skat.ch as soon as possible, latest on 12.08.2018. Questions can be addressed to Florian.Klingel@skat.ch.