Description of the Project:
The 7th RWSN Forum brought together 467 rural water sector professionals from 64 countries in Africa, Asia, Americas and Europe. The participants work for over 300 different organisations. The five day event comprised 38 thematic sessions, ten sponsored seminars, an exhibition with 22 exhibitors and an optional one-day field trip. The forum examined how to meet Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 6, i.e. Water for everyone as well as collaboration and the RWSN themes (Equality, Non-discrimination and Inclusion, Sustainable Groundwater Development, Management and Support, Water Point Mapping and Self-supply).
The emphasis of the forum was on learning and sharing rather than showcasing and had a practical rather than a political focus. The philosophy of the forum was:
- Inclusion of different perspectives
- Strengthen capacity by raising the submission quality
- Sharing of knowledge and experience among equals
- Shedding light on field realities
- Vibrant South-South exchange and networking
- Accessible to both French and English speakers
Forum website: https://rwsn7.net/ Forum report: English, Français.