Description of the Project:
In depth study undertaken, using a blend of secondary data, key informant interviews, on-site observation and focus group discussions involving water users, retailers and others active in the water storage supply chain. The main tasks undertaken were:
- Sub-sector mapping of the delivery of water storage and supply products, services and solutions, including identification of relevant products and product substitutes available and their costs;
- Identification and description of various potential consumer and market segments, including water users for water storage and supply;
- Assessment of how well existing water storage and supply products, services and solutions satisfy the needs of the each customer market segment;
- Analysis of the relevant business environment and socio-economic context;
- Identification of specific consumer market opportunities, purchasing preferences and benchmarks that a new DRWH product would need to satisfy in order to succeed;
- Identification of potentially feasible private-sector based and commercially viable options for product distribution.