Overall responsibility for the preparation, organisation, implementation, and follow-up of the CWG workshops.
Egypt, Tanzania, India, Burkina Faso, Romania, Serbia
Name of Client(s):
SDC, DHS, WB and others
Summary of the Project:
Skat was engaged to provide a value chain analysis for various waste materials to improve livelihoods of the informal sector workers and to reduce water logging in selected Barangays. It also provided market linkages and recommended collection systems that can improve waste recovery and recycling. The project was implemented in 20 selected Barangays.
Organisation and implementation of international workshops within the SDC/UMP collaborative working group programme in Municipal Solid Waste Management (titled: CWG) such as:
- State of the Art and Need Assessment (Ittingen, Switzerland, 04/95);
- Public Private Partnerships in Municipal Solid Waste Management (Washington, 02/96);
- Micro and Small Enterprise Involvement in Municipal Solid Waste Management (Cairo, 08/96).
- Ultimate Disposal (Belo Horizonte, 09/98)
- Sustainable Integrated Solid Waste Management (Manila, 09/2000)
- Solid waste collection that benefits the urban poor (Dar es Salaam, 04/2003)
- MDGs and SWM – Kolkata – India
- Private Sector Participation in SWM – Ouagadougou – Burkina Faso
- Informal Sector, Civil Society Forums and Waste Management – Romania