Alfredas Zabieta has over 25 years of experience in social protection sector, with the focus in support to Central and Local Governments of developing countries or countries with economies in transition. Specifically, their experience covers four major areas:
(1) new type of social services or community based social services (as an alternative to residential care) development/improvement to most vulnerable groups of the society (e.g. disabled people, elderly, vulnerable children and families, victims of domestic violence, alcohol/drug abuse peoples, etc.);
(2) support Government bodies in elaboration good governance schemes and coordination models for innovative social services delivery, were predominant integrative and gender balanced approach with a special emphasis on aspects of De-centralization, De-institutionalization and Social Inclusion.
(3) capacity development through policy advisory recommendations, day-to-day mentoring/on the job coaching and training;
(4) introducing an overall framework for a results-based M&E system based on the Management Information System (MIS) in the area of social services and social assistance to improve the efficiency of social protection in general.
- MA in Social Science (specialization in Management of Culture & Public Education (Klaipeda University, Lithuania 1981-1986);
- Post-Master Studies: Diploma of Social Policy & Social Services Development (Stockholm University, Sweden 1997-1998)
||Lithuanian (native), English (excellent), Russian (excellent), German (intermediate)
|Years of Experience
|Country experience and regional expertise
- Eastern Europe: Lithuania, Belarus, Moldova;
- Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan;
- Caucasus: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia;
- Balkans: North Macedonia, Kosovo
|Selected projects, roles, achievements and publications
- Team Leader of the EU-funded Project: Technical Assistance for Increasing the Quality of the Special Education Services for Inclusive Education in Turkey;
- Team leader of the EU-funded Project: “Increasing the institutional capacity of the Ministry of Family and Social Policy in the field Social Inclusion Policies” in Kosovo;
- Team Leader of the EU-funded Project: “Support to the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare in Strengthening the Mechanism for the Implementation of Social Services Decentralization” in Turkey;
- Project Director of the SDC funded Project: “Prevention of Domestic Violence” in Tajikistan;
- Principal Advisor on Social Protection of the GIZ funded project “System development in the Health Sector” for Central Asia;
- Project coordinator of the WB funded project: Social Policy and Community Social Services Development in Lithuania.
|Affiliations and networks
- Lithuanian Association of Social Workers