The Hygiene Sanitation and Water Fund aims at supporting local governance in Bangladesh through the implementation of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene interventions. In this assignment, Skat provided backstopping support to the management of the HYSAWA Trust Fund in three areas: local governance, public finance management, knowledge management and outcome monitoring and evaluation.
- Backstopping for the Fund Managing Organisation of the HYSAWA Trust Fund
Name of the Staff involved and functions performed:
Project Manager, WASH: André Olschewski
Knowledge Management, M&E: Bertha Camacho
Governance: Benjamin Blumenthal (HSI)
Name of Partner Organisation(s):
Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation (HSI)
Name of Client(s):
Description of the Project:
The purpose of the backstopping mandate was to support the HYSAWA management by providing thematic inputs in the areas of local governance processes, public finance management, knowledge management and outcome monitoring and evaluation.
More specifically, the backstopping mandate included:
- Development of strategic and operational guidelines for effective local governance process with particular emphasis on establishing a working model between Union and Upazila Parishad.
- Assist in establishing a knowledge management system including the dissemination of lessons learnt for policy advocacy at regional and national levels
- Establishment of a comprehensive outcome monitoring system including the revision of existing log frame indicators, developing proxy indicators and related M&E tools.
- Thematic support in the field of public finance management and sustainability on demand