Skat was mandated to organise a study tour in Switzerland for UNDP’s Municipal Governance and Sustainable Development Programme of Ukraine.
Knowledge Sharing, Networking, Training & Capacity Building
- Thematic organisation, logistics, implementation of a study tour
Name of Client:
Description of the Project:
The study tour was organised with the aim of offering Ukrainian top government officials and top local decision-makers (Mayors/deputies) an opportunity to learn and share practices of functioning of local self-government with local governments in Switzerland. The benefits of decentralisation were addressed by the different institutions visited.
The study visit included:
- A visit to public bodies and infrastructure/public services providers;
- Meeting with Swiss Mayors and key Municipal and Canton representatives
- Lectures from Swiss academics and competence centres working in the area of decentralisation, governance, federalism;
- Reflection of lessons learned from the study visit