Skat prepared and delivered a taylor-made Train of Trainers programme to build the facilitation and training skills of WaterAid staff
- Planning and facilitation of strategic workshop
Name of Client:
Description of assignment:
Skat designed and delivered an international train the trainers programme to a group of WaterAid staff.
The aim of this piece of work was to develop:
- The confidence and capability of WaterAid staff to facilitate effectively meetings and workshops taking into consideration different situations, contexts and cultures
- The skills and capacities to bring about change and achieve an outcome by fostering analytical and reflection skills of participants
- The skills to understand non-verbal communication and foster active participation and to move a group of people towards a common goal/outcome
- The capacities to deal with challenging situations including power dynamics and resistance
Using a wide variety of methods and “learning by doing” techniques, the training programme included online sessions as well as a three-day workshop at the headquarters of WaterAid.