Support to the Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE) to compile the 2009 Water and Sanitation Sector Performance Report (SPR). The SPR is the single most important reference document for assessing the performance of the sector, providing an overview of targets, activities and achievements in the country.
July to October 2009
Name of Staff involved and functions performed:
Name of Client(s):
Ministry of Water and Environment
Description of the Project:
The SPR covers: rural water supply and sanitation, urban water supply and sanitation, water resources management, water for production as well as the environment and natural resources.
The consultant undertook the following services:
- Consideration of the outcomes, issues and concerns raised in compiling the 2008 SPR;
- Supported the planning of the preparation of the report;
- Reviewed inputs from all MWE departments, the National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) and NGOs and provide feedback for improvements;
- Ensured that the report is consistent and provides adequate and clear information with respect to the eleven golden indicators: access to improved water supplies, functionality, equity, investment cost, access to improved sanitation, hygiene, management, gender, water quality and compliance
- Integrated stakeholders comments into the SPR and finalise the consolidated report.
- Summarised the “Uganda State of the Environment” Report in order to provide a concise, but comprehensive overview of environmental pressure and change, land use change and land degradation and deforestation for the country.