Description of the Project:
The SPR covers: rural water supply and sanitation, urban water supply and sanitation, water resources management, water for production as well as the environment and natural resources.
The consultant undertook the following services:
- Consideration of the outcomes, issues and concerns raised in compiling the 2008 SPR;
- Supported the planning of the preparation of the report;
- Reviewed inputs from all MWE departments, the National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) and NGOs and provide feedback for improvements;
- Ensured that the report is consistent and provides adequate and clear information with respect to the eleven golden indicators: access to improved water supplies, functionality, equity, investment cost, access to improved sanitation, hygiene, management, gender, water quality and compliance
- Integrated stakeholders comments into the SPR and finalise the consolidated report.
- Summarised the “Uganda State of the Environment” Report in order to provide a concise, but comprehensive overview of environmental pressure and change, land use change and land degradation and deforestation for the country.