Skat offers the following professional services to organisations working in development and emergencies. Clients include NGOs, resource centres and knowledge networks, and bilateral/multilateral development agencies.
Skat provides the following services in its areas of expertise:
- Project implementation: implementation of mandates for development initiatives in transition and developing countries.
- Consultancies: provision of consultancies, including: backstopping and mentoring; technical advice and expert support; policy and strategy development; and assessments, monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge sharing: sharing of our expertise by providing training, and facilitating knowledge platforms and networks for developing the capacities of our clients and the international development community.
Skat works with local partners in the design and implementation of projects. Within Skat there is wide experience of project management in development and emergency contexts.
Recent experience includes:
- Implementation of the SDC funded Programme “Eau Potable pour les Populations des Grands Lacs – PEPP” –
- Implementation of the SDC funded Programme “Promoting off-farm employment in Africa’s Great Lakes Region through climate responsive construction material production (PROECCO)”
- Implementation of the “Swiss-Ukrainian Decentralisation Support to Ukraine Project – DESPRO” funded by SDC
- Implementation of the “Swiss Water and Sanitation Project in Moldova – ApaSan” funded by SDC
Skat provides long-term technical, management, conceptual, and strategic support to projects and programmes on behalf of bilateral and multilateral development agencies and NGOs.
Skat has wide experience in particular by:
- Supporting thematic desks of development agencies, infrastructure projects and programmes
- Coaching of project and programme managers
- Moderating and coaching knowledge sharing events and knowledge networks
Due to its longstanding role as a resource centre in international cooperation, Skat is known for its services in providing its expertise for knowledge sharing and networking, capacity development, and knowledge brokering and communication. These services are mainly provided in partnership with Skat Foundation.
Skat promotes the development, transfer, dissemination and diffusion of knowledge and experiences among stakeholders in international cooperation. In addition, we support the consolidation of multi-actor partnerships.
- Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Capacity Building and Training
- Research and innovation