Description of the Project:
The backstopping mandate to RWSSP Phase V provides support services to SCO-K, the implementing agency and the national sector institutions in the management and implementation of the entire Programme. The three main functions of the BSM are:
- Programme steering support and quality assurance services to SCO-K through the participation in the planning, monitoring and review of the Programme and through advice to specific enquiries;
- Support services to the implementing agency regarding thematic and methodological aspects of Programme delivery.
- Management of the funds and specific expertise delivery.
Along its key functions, the backstopping mandate is expected to complete a broad range of tasks as described in the following:
- Ensure adequate, coherence and results-orientated annual planning;
- Participate in the Annual Programme Meetings and the regular Steering Committee Meetings by providing evidence and strategic inputs for decision-taking and corrective actions;
- Participate in major events that take place within the framework of the RWSSP
- Ensure that all relevant information of the implementing agency and the backstopping itself is channelled in a meaningful way towards SCO-K/SDC.
- Ensure that effective knowledge management and capitalization activities within the RWSSP take place and are retro-fed into the country’s and SDC’s thematic knowledge brokers and networks;
- Provide upon demand thematic advice to SCO-K regarding rural water supply and sanitation sector development and the related Swiss portfolio of projects;
- Participate actively, if relevant, in the planning process for a subsequent Phase of the RWSSP